Monday, October 11, 2010

10-10-10 - A Global Work Party Day.

Yesterday was 10-10-10,  
A global work party day.
Check out 350.org to read the whole story. What did you do on 10-10-10?  Leave a comment.  Share your story.  I was lucky enough to be able to help out at a local school.  Over the last few months volunteers have been working to reclaim the gardens and trails.  It is a wonderful project and I hope to be involved for a long time. I want to be able to watch the gardens grow along with the community of school children and families. I couldn't think of a better why to spent a fantastic Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to Kate Fisher and Susan O'Brien. I was with a group of writers at a workshop with Janisse Ray, author of Ecology of a Cracker Childhood, in Reidsville, GA. We planted a swamp chestnut oak seedling that she had sprouted from an acorn that fell from a more than 200 year old tree. Also got to see an old growth Longleaf Pine forest. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live just on the border between Henderson and Buncombe Counties. I participated in Transition Asheville's Work Party at the Edible Forest in downtown AVL. Nice crowd gathered to weed, mulch, destroy invasive vines, as well as educational programming for children and adults.

    ReplyDelete